The 2021 Graduation Ceremony will be held at DHS as a result of inclement weather. A ticket will be needed for each spectator. We will be able to allow FOUR (4).
The guest entrance is the Activities entrance on the northwest side of the building.
The event will also be livestreamed – HERE
- A limited number of spectators will be able to attend this event to equal no more than Four (4) spectators per senior student.
- Each spectator will need an e-ticket (also able to be printed) to gain entry to the event.
- Students/Families are responsible for who gains access to and uses the e-tickets the day of the event.
- Anyone entering a school facility must wear an appropriate face mask that covers the nose and mouth at all times.
- Please spread out.
- All spectators must sit and remain in the bleachers during the event.
- Spectators are expected to exit the facilities when the event has concluded. Please wait outside or in your vehicle if your student is riding home with you. Please NO parent gatherings inside the building.
Directions to claim digital tickets (De Soto Families)
All tickets will be distributed digitally through our website: https://dhswildcatnation.com/event-tickets
Parents/Guardians will claim tickets using their student’s ID#.
To access your student’s ID#:
- Log into Skyward using their parent login and password.
- Go to the student information tab at left of screen.
- Your student ID# is labeled “Other ID”.
Tickets are limited to 4 tickets per senior student.
If you need assistance in gaining access to the tickets, please contact Mr. Ryan Johnson.
April 14th, 2021
Dear Graduating Senior and Parent/Guardian:
Graduation is quickly approaching! As you know, the graduation ceremony will be held Saturday, May 22, 2021, at 11:00 am at College Boulevard Activities Center at 11031 S. Valley Rd. Olathe, KS 66061. In the case of inclement weather, the ceremony will be held in the Main Gymnasium at De Soto High School with limited attendance. This letter is intended to inform you of important information about upcoming events and the graduation process.
Friday, May 14, 2021
- Pick up cap/gown and check-out form in the commons during lunch
- Seniors with shortened schedules need to arrange to pick up in person at this time.
- Optional Remote students will need to pick up in person after school. Enter the Main Entrance doors (south circle drive).
Friday - Wednesday, May 14-19, 2021
- Senior final exams
- Attendance is mandatory according to student schedules
Tuesday or Wednesday, May 18 or 19, 2021
- Seniors must turn in the district provided MacBook/charger to the Media Center after the last final exam
- Seniors must turn in a completed check-out form* to Ms. Carver in Student Services
- Seniors must complete the Skyward Survey in order to receive the 2 tickets for guests to attend a possible indoor ceremony
*Diplomas will not be issued without this completed form turned into Student Services
Friday, May 21, 2019
- Senior Awards Ceremony
- The awards ceremony begins at 9:00 am in the Main Gym at DHS
- Student seating is assigned on the floor of the gym
- Each student is limited to two spectators, seated in the bleachers
- Students and spectators will be admitted into the building together (please arrive at the same time)
- Graduation Rehearsal
- Rehearsal will begin 15 minutes after the end of the awards ceremony – approximately 10:30 am.
- All Seniors must report to the Main Gymnasium
- A decision regarding inclement weather and the ceremony location will be announced at rehearsal.
- Attendance is mandatory at rehearsal
Saturday, May 22, 2021
- Students report to the assigned location no later than 9:30 am. More information during rehearsal.
- REMEMBER YOUR CAP AND GOWN! No guests will be allowed in the facility until 9:30 am
- The graduation ceremony begins at 11:00 am (approximately 1 hour in length).
- After the ceremony, report to the assigned location to pick up the diploma.
- Seniors still competing in spring sports will receive their diplomas after the equipment is turned in and cleared by coaches. Diplomas can be picked up from Ms. Carver in Student Services until June 8.
Graduation may be the most prestigious event experienced by a graduating senior. In order to make the event a memorable experience for all in attendance, please remember the following:
- Commencement is a formal and dignified ceremony in which our students are honored for their accomplishments.
- Attendance is strictly voluntary and students who attend are expected to follow the expectations of the ceremony. Seniors choosing not to attend should contact the office immediately.
- Students have a right to a transcript, but not to a diploma. The school can withhold a diploma for unacceptable behavior leading up to and during commencement or any other obligations that need to be addressed.
- There is a time and place for celebrating one’s achievements. DHS Commencement should be recognition of the collective achievements of the graduating class to be cherished by all in attendance.
- Students are expected to dress appropriately.
- Caps and gowns may not be altered in any way. No exceptions.
- Students may only wear the NHS provided stole and/or honor cord that is earned and purchased through Herff-Jones.
- Students need to arrive promptly on the day of the ceremony with cap and gown. If pins are needed to keep the cap in place, students should bring their own. Faculty members will check for appropriate attire.
- The exterior gates/doors to the facility will be opened for guests at 9:30 am.
- If indoors, only those with tickets will be allowed to enter the Main Gym (exceptions cannot be made). Ticket holders include any family/siblings and friends regardless of age. Please know we must adhere to the ticket system in the gym. We will live stream the graduation outside of the building for those not able to attend.
- In order to protect the dignity of the ceremony, there will not be a place for family members to stop the student procession to take pictures.
- Pictures will be taken by Interstate Studios during the ceremony immediately after students cross the stage. To order graduation photos visit: https://interstatestudiopublishingco1.shootproof.com/gallery/DHS2021/
- The photos will be posted within 10 business days of graduation.
- Additionally, you have the opportunity to schedule a more formal picture session with Interstate and have pictures taken at their site.
- After the ceremony, visitors may greet graduates in the parking lot.
Interpreter services are available only upon request. Please contact the DHS office.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this event, please contact the office at (913) 667-6250. Please know as we will continue to work through planning for this event, we will continue to send communication. Check our website (Graduation Link) for information. Thank you for your support.